5/3/2012 0 Comments
Buying durable wheelchair
It is not true that a wheelchair can only last less than a year.
Ours last more than that and we can prove it since we rent them as well.
Currently, new wheelchairs from China are imported into Singapore. Their prices are about $200, 33% cheaper than our SOMA at $295. But they do not last long.
The brakes will get loose and the wheel will be misaligned after abt 6-8months. Then you would hear squeaky noises from the wheel as they wear out very fast.
These importers do not honor their warranty. We have several clients being charged for the misaligned wheel problem. In the end, they switch to Soma for better quality. Hence low price does not translate to value for money in the long run. So we have to be careful in selecting wheelchairs.
We would like to thank all our clients who rent and buy wheelchairs in Singapore from us. May all of us be blessed with health and happiness, by the Grace from Above. For all our human shortcomings, we apologize sincerely. For all our achievements, we pray to continue and achieve better in the future.
As we end Feb 2011, we would like to thank all our 150 customers whom we served with all our hearts. We hope that we would continue to serve them or their friends and families with our wheelchairs in the future, should the need arise.
A couple of clients ask us this very important question. If the trunk or the boot of car is as small as Suzuki swift, then the wheelchair is too big. Nevertheless, the wheelchair can still fit into the backseat.
Other than that, if the taxi is the old Toyota taxis, sometimes the taxi driver has his buckets and tools inside his boot or trunk. And normally he has an extensible cord. So the wheelchair can be fit into the half-closed boot or trunk, while hanging out just a little bit.
What if it rains? Well we supply huge plastic cover for the wheelchair to protect it. The plastic cover is placed inside the pocket behind the seat of the wheelchair.
So there you have it. We thank our clients for their valuable inputs. Because of these inputs, we find solutions so as to be able to serve our clients better.
Renting wheelchair in Singapore is a good idea especially when:
a. You know your injuries will heal soon
b. You are in Singapore for just a short while
c. You are travelling out of Singapore and you need to rent a wheelchair there.
d. You don't want to have unused wheelchairs at the end of the day
There are many other reasons why renting a wheelchair in Singapore would be better than buying those bulky items that barely could fit your closet.
We often thought that wheelchairs for rent in Singapore are for handicapped or injured patients. But not just that. Here we compiled a list of common and uncommon use of our wheelchair:
Common reasons why our clients rent wheelchair in Singapore:
1. Patient is sick, and could not walk much or will be tired if walk too much, especially along Orchard Road
2. Patient is injured temporarily
3. Patient is pregnant or has just given birth
4. Patient is in Singapore for medical check up (popular hospital, Mount Elizabeth, which charges way more expensive for wheelchair rental)
5. User wants to go on local or overseas vacation and are not sure if wheelchairs are available at destination
Uncommon and sometimes absurd reasons why our clients rent wheelchairs in Singapore:
1. Hotels charge a hefty $50/day rental
2. Hotels only have 1 wheelchair to rent out, cannot be reserved and on First Come First Serve Basis
3. Hotels do not allow their rented wheelchair to be pushed out of their area
4. Airports do not allow their rented wheelchair to be pushed out of their area
5. Airports charge a hefty rate for wheelchair rental
6. Tourist attractions rent their wheelchairs on First Come First Serve Basis and cannot be reserved
7. Movie directors to film a movie at Fort Canning Park
8. Movie directors to hold the camera on the wheelchair
9. As a shopping cart to transfer the groceries from car to their apartments using the wheelchair
10. Elderly to get more attention from their children and/or grandchildren
As of 10th Jan 2011, we have served 75 customers. We are very happy to have the privilege to serve our customers thus far. Renting wheelchair in Singapore has brought us satisfaction with the knowledge that we have helped someone or someone's loved ones. We hope to do more and better services going forward
Luci Wheelchair Co.
Rent wheelchair in Singapore for as low as $10/day
All 75 Customers Rent Wheelchair Singapore Travelling With Wheelchair Users Of Wheelchair